The members of the Lincoln Fire Department serve the community and citizens of Lincoln by protecting life, property, and the environment while being courteous, respectful, and safe in the performance of their duties.
The Lincoln Fire Department was established November 14, 1896 with the formation of Lincoln Hose Company #1. Like nearly all organized fire services of that time, it was made up of volunteers from the community. Lincoln’s volunteer fire service continued to evolve and existed as the source of fire protection to the community for many years.Due to the rapid growth of the City and increasing demand for public safety services, the Fire Department began employing its first dedicated full-time staffing in 2001 to better meet the needs of the growing community.
Today the Lincoln Fire Department strives to maintain a minimum of six personnel on shift every day. The Department covers roughly 20 square miles with a population of approximately 48,000 residents from its three stations located throughout the city.
The Lincoln Fire Department responds to various emergency and non-emergency incidents including, but not limited to, all types of fire; medical emergencies; public assists and hazardous situations. Lincoln Fire Department call volume has more than tripled since 2001 from 980 calls for service; to 3,977 calls for service in 2014.
Bill Hack, Fire Chief
firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 645-4040
|Year established: 1896||Number of response 2001: 980|
|Population served: 45,000 +/-||Number of responses 2014: 3,977|
|Area protected: 20 sq. miles||Schedule worked: 48/96 (2 on/4 off)|
|Number of Stations: 3